Wednesday 24 November 2010

Stefan Sagmeister: Typography

Stefan Sagmeister is a New York based graphic designer and typographer living in Indonesia. He has designed album covers for artists such as The Rolling Stones and Aerosmith.
I first came across Sagmeister in college where i had researched typographers, his work is really unique and hands on. Using everyday objects he spells out words which are then combined together to form a quote.
' Things i have learned in my life so far' is a collection of images combines together to form a book. The front cover is his face that is laser cut and the images within the slip case form different covers.
     

Take a Look: http://www.sagmeister.com

I think his work is unique and current. He uses objects and areas that most people will come across and create words using them.




As a part of a college project i had researched his work and created my own here are two of my pieces.





No comments:

Post a Comment